Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Budget Wedding
Budget Wedding Basics
2012 Wedding Statistics Summary for Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI - (Metropolitan Area) - Courtesy of theweddingreport.com:
Average Wedding Cost $29,992
Average Number of Guests 165 - 175
2012 Wedding Statistics - Courtesy of Yahoo Finance:
Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $76,678 average spent
Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Alaska, $15,504 average spent
Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,211
Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
Certificate of Marriage
Create your own playlist on iTunes and save yourself a fortune!
Just make sure the music you choose if fun to dance to...Example: Frank Sinatra and 80s pop/rock classics: good. Coldplay or Enya: hard to dance to.
Use Etsy or Modcloth for fashionable, affordable dresses shoes an accessories. The average wedding dress costs around $1,200.
Kohl's offers some affordable, formal menswear. Zappos.com offers a huge assortment of dress shoes for good deals. If you don't want to buy a new suit, see if you can borrow one from a friend or family member.
Gifts for Bridesmaids and Groomsmen
A few cost effective ideas:
- Offer to make a dinner in their honor.
- A $5 DVD from Target and a few movie treats always make an excellent gift.
- Baked goods! Homemade, if you can. It's a thoughtful gesture.
Typical Wedding Expenses
Wholesale flowers are the best way to save on floral arrangements. You can make flowers your main decor, or you can purchase items such as candles in bulk.
Try saveoncrafts.com or warehousecandles.com for decor. Minnesota offers a number of wholesale flower vendors.
Love doesn't have to be expensive...
Women's gold band: $150
Men's gold band:
The Knot recommends that rings be around 3% of your wedding budget.
Photography & Videography
Some sites suggest hiring a student photographer for a small fee, which can be risky. It's generally better to go with a pro, but if your budget is strict, hire a friend, instead!
Do pay your friend(s)! Prints are expensive, and, unless the photography/video is a wedding gift, you should be sure they're compensated.
Plan at least around $2000. To cut back costs on individual plates, consider serving food "Family Style!"
An inexpensive option is to go with a
Usually, beverages are expected. However, there are a few ways to cut back costs!
1. Ask if you can BYOB
2. Choose not to serve alcohol
3. Choose one specialty cocktail to serve!
If on a budget, you can forgo the favors. DIY favors are easy to do and are inexpensive!
Ways to save:
1. Ask a friend to help with hair/makeup!
2. Go to a beauty school! They often charge very low prices.
3. Do it yourself: $0
Find a local religious
leader to perform your
Paperless Post: $0
1. A Barn or House: See if you can use a family member's or friend's.
2. A Church
3. A Scenic Park-- renting can be as low as $175!
Tips to Save:
Use one venue for ceremony and reception.
Rentals are cheapest in non-peak season (Nov-Mar.) and on weekdays/nights!
Gifts for Bridesmaids/Groomsmen
Certificate of Marriage
Food, Beverages, Cake
A budget wedding is possible if you do your research!