Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Raising a Modern-day Knight
Transcript of Raising a Modern-day Knight
knight: By Robert Lewis True Manhood Lewis addresses in this book how, many adolescences and men are not experiencing an authentic manhood He points out three things contributing to this problem.
1. Fathers fail to deliver to their sons a clear, inspiring, biblically grounded definition of manhood.
2. Most fathers lack a directional process that calls their sons to embrace the manhood they should be able to define.
3. The absences of a ceremony.
To help out with these shortcomings he illustrates a model found in knighthood. -Today's male adolescence do not experience a definitive point in which they go from childhood to manhood. -Fathers need to give their sons three things shown in knighthood.
1. A vision for manhood
2. A code of conduct
3. A transcendent cause - Today's culture has skewed the typical young man's vision of a masculine identity.
- Three areas in which this skewed view can be made clear is through:
3. Church Two main Bible figures
Adam and Jesus Christ.
-They represent two paths of manhood.
>Life separated from God.
>Life in union with God.
Four defining characteristics of a true "Man"
-Expects the Greater Reward (God's Reward) Code of Conduct - A will to obey
- A work to do
(according to his own unique design)
- A woman to love Keys to Effective Training 1. Set a godly example
2. Teach Spiritual Truth
3. Share Stories
4. Reinforces obedience through affirmation, attention, and discipline. A Transcendent Cause This cause must be truly heroic, timeless, and supremely meaningful. Without these a cause will not truly fulfill. The Ceremony
-The final stage
-The ceremony leaves a lasting impression on the young man.
-He is left with no doubt. Comparisons to Text
Identity Diffusion- a lack of goals or clear direction, have difficulty making progress toward their future lives.
Identity Foreclosure- making commitments to adult roles without having considered other possible roles. Quotes
"A real man is one who: rejects passivity, accepts responsibility, leads courageously, and expects the greater reward... God's reward."