Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Rubber Band Car Process
Transcript of Rubber Band Car Process
Problem Problem/Objective- To design a wheel driven vehicle that is powered only by one rubber band. The vehicle must be able to transport a one-pound load the farthest distance within the boundaries of a 3 ft. wide parallel track. Step 2
Hypothesis Step 3
Experiment Step 4
Results Step 5
Analysis Our final product was a rubber band car powered through a rubber band being pulled and wrapped around an axle. This video shows us testing the car with and without the pound load. Hypothesis- If we attach the rubber band underneath the car with hooks and pull back then the rubber band will rap around an axle and when released create energy to move the car forward. Experiment-
1. Put Arm and Hammer 1 pound box on car.
2. Start car at start line ( wind back car and hold on until 'go')
3. Watch car go down track until it stops, record distance x3, stay in 3ft. track. Engineering Process Requirements Only official rubber band (provided by teacher)
Guard rails to hold the "load"
Propulsion through the wheels Research Our desired outcome is for the car to carry the one pound load the farthest distance. I do believe this is a feasible experiment. Our plan for the car to 'push forward' is to design a wind up car. The problem we faced was being able to have a car move forward with only one rubber band. Our solution is explained throughout the prezi; blue print, video, description of car.. Design Pictures: Implement or Redesign Check one of the following: Implement
Redesign Sketch As you pull back the car the rubber band will rap around the axle. When released it will push the car forward Beginning Revised .... 4 to 5 feet with the pound (accidentally stopped video before I meant to)