Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Write Site
Writing across the curriculum
It is a pedagogical movement that integrates writing into all courses across the academic community and throughout a student’s undergraduate education.
• Writing is the responsibility of the entire academic community.
• Writing must be integrated across departmental boundaries.
• Writing experiences must be continuous throughout students’ undergraduate education.
• Writing promotes learning.
• Only by practising the conventions of an academic discipline will students begin to communicate effectively within that discipline.
• Minute papers;
• Open-ended question requiring written response;
• Information-gap exercises;
• Sentence completion;
• Reading response paragraph.
It is a process where writing becomes an integrated tool for learning. How? Frequent informal writing opportunities along with sequenced formal writing assignments play an indispensable role in developing critical thinking skills, learning discipline-specific content, and building competence in the modes of inquiry and communication specific to each discipline and profession.
To establish a culture of Writing Across the Curriculum at the UFS.
Examples of informal writing
What is writing across the curriculum?