Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
HP: Emotions and Psychology
Transcript of HP: Emotions and Psychology
Emotions What are the perspectives of emotions? Biological Perspective Limbic system, especially the amygdala
plays a role in learned emotional associations ANS controls the physical Δ w/ emotions
Lie Detectors Right hemisphere more active in the displays of emotion James Lange Theory Biological Label of Emotions
Environmental stimuli cause physiological arousal & responses
Stimulus => Phys Arousal => Emotion AKA: Central Theory
Thalamus receives sensory info→ sends signal to the ANS & cerebral cortex (consciousness) Cannon-Bard Theory Cognition of Emotions We interpret physiological Δ & responses in context of the situation.
Roller Coaster: friends are laughing you are excited and happy, not afraid. Schachter Two-Factor Theory Emotion is the experience of changes in our facial muscles
Stimulus => Facial Changes => Emotion Facial Feedback Hypothesis Sociocultural Evidence of Emotions Paul Ekman’s studies in the 1960s and 1970s
some showed that cultures have similar interpretations of facial expressions of emotions. Positive Psych with Seligman Happiness Why should we be happy?
feel more confident
more energized & cooperative Thinking becomes more playful & creative Feel-Good, Do-Good Phenomenon (Salovey, 1990) helpful when in a good mood Proven Steps to Happiness 1. Realizing that happiness & financial success are not related.
2. Take control of your time.
3. Act happy!
4. Seek work & leisure that engage your skills 5. Join the 'movement' movement.
6. Give your body the sleep it wants.
7. Give priority to close relationships.
8. Focus beyond yourself.
9. Count your blessings & record your gratitude.
10. Nurture your spiritual self.