Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Vibrating Coin
Transcript of The Vibrating Coin
Introduction Materials Conclusion Results By: Jasmine Mitchell Data Table Hypothesis When the bottle is cooled and you apply heat to the sides then the coil will faintly vibrate. Problem Statement How will the air pressure inside the bottle affect the coin when the bottle is cooled?
To conclude this, this experiment was practically a demonstration of how air pressure expands when heated. When the bottle is cooled the gas decreases, and when taken out the gas inside increases. The coin that was placed on top of the bottle’s mouth was sealed by water. Then once you apply heat the air pressure will increase greatly causing the coin to move. This happens because the air inside is trying to escape causing the coin to move up and down. If I had to change anything in this experiment, I would test other coins and I would try doing various types of sizes for the bottles. The outcome of my experiment was a success. The experiment was done three times because the first was not timed, and the second and third were different coins. It took 45 minutes for the experiment to be completed. In the first attempt the coin vibrated, but was not timed. The second and third were timed but had different time periods and another coin was put in. The heat that applied to the bottle made the coin release air causing it to vibrate. The quarter had the shortest time because of how much it weighed. The quarter was heavier than the penny so it took more force(air) to move the quarter so that the air could escape, thus releasing more air inside the bottle. The quarter’s time was 1:47.9 minutes for it to finish. The penny’s time however, took longer which was 2: 29.2 minutes. The penny took the longest time because since it weighed less than the quarter, it took more time for it to release the air inside the bottle. Less air was released every time the penny was moved due to its weight. The Vibrating Coin Bible Verse
A bible verse for this project is Matthew 26:41. It says, “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”This applies to the project because the bible verse states that we should pray so that we will not fall into temptation. The coin represents us falling into temptation again and again as it falls back down onto the bottle, and as the coin comes back up it, represents God forgiving our sins. Bar Graph Procedures:
1. Take an empty glass bottle and put it in the refrigerator to cool.
2. When the bottle is cooled, take the bottle out of the fridge and put it down.
3. Dip your finger in water and place a few drops of water around the mouth of the bottle and the edge of the coin.
4. Put the coin on the mouth of the bottle.
5. Put both hands on the bottle and hold it firmly.
6. Remove your hands after awhile Procedures