Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Christianity and the Arts
Transcript of Christianity and the Arts
65AD - 700AD - 65AD- 700AD
- Non-Jewish, Greek-speaking branch of early
Christianity, was led by Paul and others like him,
throughout the Roman Empire.
- Jesus’ life and death were the major events of a divine
- Jesus was a cosmic figure who entered the world in order to renew it.
- Jesus was the Messiah Early Christianity Christian symbols were first mentioned in writing by Clement of Alexandria (153-217 AD) in Paedogogus 3, 11. http://earlychristianity.cua.edu/
http://cwva.org/wwvrunes/wwvrunes_3.html References Western Medieval
1100AD - 1300AD
"The Crusades" - Castle in Syria used during the Crusades
- In Christian possession from 1142 to 1271 AD.
- Built from 1140s to 1170
- Was lost to the Muslims in 1271after a 36 day siege.
- The castle represents Christian dominance.
- Historically shows expansion and political control. Krak des Chevaliers - Roman Catholic Church demonstrates political control.
- Christendom has developed to a dominate religion of Western Europe. Chapel of Krak des Chevaliers Hugh Dellios Hugh Dellios is the Tribune's Middle,East correspondent. (1999, Sep 19). Arab's long, long view from krak des chevaliers. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/418933024?accountid=35812
Krak des Chevaliers. (2013). In Encyclopædia Britannica.
Retrieved from http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/323157/Krak-
Latham, A. A. (2011). Theorizing the Crusades: Identity, Institutions, and Religious War in Medieval Latin Christendom. International Studies Quarterly, 55(1), 223-243. doi:10.1111/j.1468-2478.2010.00642.x
Malik, H. C. (2011). The Crusades between Myth and Reality Revisiting a Troubles Historiography. Theological Review, 32(2), 97-124. References 1300AD-1600AD Renaissance
“Age of Enlightenment” Time of Inventions, Education, Music, and Art www.erasofelegance.com/history/renaissancereligion.html References Modern
1700AD - Present References
1900s C U Williams RPPC Christian Church. (2013). Retrieved from http://www.etsy.com/listing/65805285/1900s-c-u-williams-rppc-christian-church
Dale, A. (2012, March 19). Hillsong Church Defeats Lord Mayor of Sydney Clover Moores Site Ban To Redevelop Warehouse in Alexandria. Retrieved from http://www.news.com.au/national-old/hillsong-church-defeats-lord-mayor-of-sydney-clover-moores-site-ban-to-redevelop-warehouse-in-alexandria/story-e6frfkvr-1226303527593
Felice, V. (n.d.). Churches - Vince Felice. Retrieved from http://www.freewebs.com/vfelice/churches.htm
Grossman, C. L. (2013). Joel Osteen "My Gift Is Encouragement". Retrieved from http://www.usaweekend.com/article/20110422/LIVING/104240322/Joel-Osteen-My-gift-encouragement-
Lakewood Church. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/lakewood%20church
Manning, P. (2011, February 05). Manning/Dunn Hyde County NC Genealogy. Retrieved from http://ponzermanning.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=115438410
Sharing VT: Photographs : Bristol. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://midddigital.middlebury.edu/SharingVTHistory/Photographs/Bristol/BristolPhotos.htm
http://www.archnewsnow.com/features/Feature123.htm Lacrae - Christian Rapper Kirk Franklin - Christian Artist Jubilee Church in Rome