Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
TE 801 Project 1_ Part 2A_ Jiaying Chen
Transcript of TE 801 Project 1_ Part 2A_ Jiaying Chen
Introduce my students
Family background: parents and 3 older brothers
Home language: Arabic and English
Other notes for them
- We do minute-math test every Tuesday and Thursday. It's a one minute timed test for addition and subtraction. They both did a great job so far.
- Both of them can check themselves for math mistakes.
- They both likes sports.
- Afterschool: childcare right after school, and practice soccer
- Math at home: flash cards, lots of timed math practice at home
- Family trips: Alabama for 5 days, Mackinaw Island.
- Originally from Saudi Arabia
- Cannot read and write in Arabic but speaks Arabic at home (better at English than Arabic)
- Afterschool: play computer games, watch TV, homework, practice spelling test, go to bed around 9pm
- Family trips: Washington D.C, New York, Michigan Adventure, Cedar Point.
- Building Bridges between Diverse Families and the Classroom Involving Parents in School Mathematics by Dominic Peressini (TE 406 reading)
- Connecting Students' Cultures to Instruction by Ann Rosebery, Ellen Mcintyre and Norma Gonzalbz (TE 406 reading)
Family background: parents and 1 younger brother
Home language: English