Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of BONNAROO
By: Melanie Caswell, Kaley Henderson, Cladissa Martin, & Alex Smith
Where it began
Bonnaroo Works Fund (BWF)
-Regional & National organizations
-Devote majority of time to middle Tennessee
Organizations receiving BWF support 2015:
-Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid TN
-Cannon County Youth Dream, Inc.
-Children's Museum Discovery Center
-Coffee County School District
-Coffee County Soil Conservation District
-Country Music Foundation
-Eat for Equality
-Jr. Achievement Middle TN.
Disaster Relief Support:
-Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill
- Invites local community organizations to raise funds by participating in the festival.
- Their volunteers staff the popular concession booths, and Bonnaroo in turn donates a portion of the sales to those organizations.
- Numerous groups have raised more than $2 million to support their activities.
- One dollar from 2015 Bonnaroo ticket goes toward permanent sustainable site improvements on the Farm.
- You are also allowed to give more than $1 to the fund. You can upgrade your donation when you buy your ticket.
"All about positively impacting people through festival experiences"
-Owned and Operated by Superfly Productions
On a farm in southeastern Tennessee midway between Nashville and Chattanooga (Manchester, Tennessee)
Superfly Productions, which was made up of four college graduates who were looking for a way to turn their passion of music and festivals into a living while trying to pay off their student loan debts.
4 Day music festival inviting fans to set up camp & participate in live music, dancing, food, entertainment and networking.
Usually held 2nd weekend in June beginning of the summer season each year.
An escape into Excitement. Music. Art. Discoveries. Trees. Fresh Air. Green Grass. A mini film fest. Friends (Old / New). Adventure. Overwhelming happiness. Hugging a stranger by accident. Sharing and Generosity. Bonnaroovian Dancing. Hyperbolic verbiage. System overload. The perfect bite of ice cream. Sandals. Fallovers. Chirping Birds. Flashing Lights. Food and Drink. Variety. Singing. Laughing. Short shorts. High-Fives. Rocky IV in the cinema tent at 3am. Spicy Pie. Memories. Someone dressed up like Teen Wolf. Holy Cow(!) Moments. Interesting factoids. Egg sandwiches. More music. Adventure. Deep Breaths. Big smiles. This. That. The Other. Hellos and Goodbyes and reminders of all that we have to celebrate and look forward to next year and in the future.
The first edition of the festival took place in 2002
But despite not advertising on traditional media, the festival became a smash hit, selling out in just two weeks.
The second edition of Bonnaroo was already garnering national praise, including an endorsement from the Holy Grail of music media, Rolling Stone.
In 2003, the magazine named Bonnaroo as one of their top 50 moments in rock & roll.
Two years later, the festival purchased the southeastern Tennessee farm that the festival was hosted on, and turned the farm into what is now known today as Great Stage Park.
13 years later, Bonnaroo has become a festival that many music fans must attend at least once in their lifetime, and has since attracted a legion of internationally known music stars.
EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF..
-Passionate about music and the arts
-Spend a great deal of income on technology and music related products
-Ages range from 18-40
-60% male; 40% female
2015 lineup included performances by:
* Mumford and Sons * * Billy Joel *
* Kacey Musgraves *
Snake and Jake’s
Christmas Club Barn
• The Grove
• Bonnaroo Workouts-Roo Run, Roo Workout
• Bonnaroo Food-Food Truck Oasis, Broo’ers Festival, Gastropod Diner
• Bonaroo Merchandise- hats, sunglasses, t-shirts, posters, jewelry
- Living together peacefully, positive values
- “The greenest festival” focused on neutralizing the horrible environmental impact that occurs at most festivals
- 2015 Carpool Contest
- Clean vibes team diverted 366.37 tons from
landfill from the 2015 festival
- Planet Roo- village at the festival to
promote socially responsible lifestyles
- Waste-free café
- Documentary cinema tent
- Silent auction to support worthy causes
- Multi-platform marketing
- Extensive use of social media
- Influencer marketing
- Website transformation:
content rich and socially driven with constant updates from festival goers
-Sponsors and Non-profit partners (20 on site)