Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Muslim Religion
The Quran is written in Arabic, and that is why Arabic is the lingua franca for Muslims.
Muhammad’s successors organized followers into armies to extend the Muslim religion to Africa, Asia, and Europe. The armies conquered Palestine and much of India. Arab traders brought the religion to Southwest Asia in the13th cent. The holy places for the Muslim religion are the Makkah and al-Haram al-SharĪf (the Great Mosque). al-Haram al-SharĪf Makkah The word 'Muslim' in Arabic means "one who surrenders himself to God". There are two types of Muslim:
Sunni; meaning orthodox, is adhering to what is commonly accepted. This compromises 83% of the Muslim world.
Shiite; meaning sectarian, is a more political religion, but still religious. These Muslims are found in Iran(30%), Pakistan(15%), Iraq(10%), Oman, and Bahrain. Muhammad’s successors organized followers into armies to extend the Muslim religion to Africa, Asia, and Europe. The armies conquered Palestine and much of India. Arab traders brought the religion to Southwest Asia in the13th century. Muslims in the United States This is an ornament used to mark the end of passages in the Q’uran. This symbol, like all symbols related to Islam, is not heavily symbolic.
This is an Arabic calligraphy for Allah, meaning The Almighty God. It is one of the main aspect of Islam. Muslims believe that God is not limited to anything; even with time. Everything that has happened, is happening, or will happen is all known by God. God knows what choice all living beings will make.God's knowing does not hold anyone back from making a free choice. The Quran says, "Knowest thou not that Allah knows all that is in heaven and on earth? Indeed it is all in a Record, and that is easy for Allah." This symbol is due to its cultural diffusions and also with the spread of Islam to the Ottoman Turks, who ruled a large area of Europe, Asia and Africa. The Turks put the crescent moon and star symbol on their flag and it became associated with Islam ever since. Allah (Name of God in Arabic) Kalima-e-Shahadah (Creed of Islam) Rub-el-Hizb (Islamic Architectural Designs) Star and Crescent (Ottoman symbol on Islamic Flags) GREEN: Sunni
BLUE: Shiite Diffusion of Muslim Muslim Religion Symbols of the Muslim Religion مرحبا أهلا Their rituals are based on:
The Five Pillars of Islam
1. Confession of faith (shahada): There is no god worthy of worship except one God(Allah), the source of all creation, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.
2. Ritual prayer (salat): Five times daily, a Muslim pary, facing the city of Makkah, as a direct link to Allah.
3. Alms tax (zakat): A Muslim give generously to charity, as an act of purification and growth.
4. Fasting during the month of Ramadan (sawm): A Muslim fasts during the month of Ramadan, as an act of self-purification.
5. Pilgrimage to Makkah (hajj): If physically and financially able, a Muslim makes a pilgrimage to Makkah.
By Kelsey Richards
Per: 3 APHG Mr. Black AP Human Geography Textbook