Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"The Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe
Transcript of "The Cask of Amontillado" by Edgar Allan Poe
By Edgar Allan Poe
What we (the audience) know that the character(s) don't
Point of view: 1st person limited
Saying the opposite of what is meant
Images of the pools found at:
Video borrowed from:
MOOD: feeling associated with words
What happens isn't what is
What does Montresor want to do to Fortunato?
Punish with impunity
Revenge for insult
For him to know crime being redressed
How does Montresor get Fortunato into the catacombs?
He "wants his opinion" on wine. Because Fortunato is prideful (full of himself) he goes to prove he is an expert
How does Poe (author) build suspense through story?
They keep going down, down, down, into different rooms. Dragging out the story. Montresor keeps suggesting turning back, saying he's worried about Fortunato's health.
What happens at the end?
Can't trust everything he says