Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
TOK final presentation
Transcript of TOK final presentation
of Jeanene Clark only 16 found out 6 weeks pregnant
told abortion is only solution - "wad of tissue"
" i felt as if a part of my soul had been taken away"
drinking heavily and drug addict
" I am angry at myself, my family, the abortion clinic, their counselors’ and the doctors.” significance? knowledge issue to what extent can reason be used to justify abortion as unethical?? defining key ideas What is abortion?
What is a fetus?
Logic and reason is a way of knowing. deductive
reasoning 2 Areas of Knowledge
Ethics The Natural Science "the conservative
oxytocin strenghts used reasoning
emotion also plays role Counterclaims: definition of fetus
in vitro fertilization
stem cell research BIAS language bias
cultural/religious bias vs biology ETHics - definition of ethical? Mary Anne Warren
fetuses moral rights moral worth
- ability to feel pleasure/pain
- communication deductive logic
- but cannot work alone we also rely on emotion + perception thought experiment conscienceness
reason KILL OR NOT TO KILL?? COUnterclaim babies
people with disabilities
autistic?? ethics objectivist
relativist reasoning Captain Spock
ONLY reasoning!! is it justifiable?
is it ethical? IMPlications if reason was used,
- natural science, justified?
- ethics, thought experiment, justified? conclusion
using reason natural science - can we justify abortion?
ethics - is it unethical?
limitations works cited
- http://members.fortunecity.com/smashx14/abortion.html TOK