Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of MY STORY
By Briar Lee-Bartja
I am a 5th Generation Canadian – myself, my mother, my grandmother and all the way up to her grandmother were all born in Canada.
I am also 1/8th Canadian Aboriginal, 1/8th German and 1/8th Italian – though it's a very diluted bloodline. One grandparent on both my mother's and father's side of the family were adopted by people of different nationalities, making family history difficult to accurately trace.
• Canada was first inhabited by aboriginal peoples thought to have arrived from Asia thousands of years ago by way of a land bridge between Siberia and Alaska.
•When the European explorers arrived, Canada had already been populated by a diverse range of Aboriginal peoples with their own deep roots and histories.
• Eventually England won Canada from France (as well as most French land east of the Mississippi) at the end of the Seven Year's War in 1763.
•Canada wasn't officially it's own country until July 1, 1867, when the provinces of Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick joined together under the British North America Act to become the Dominion of Canada, still heavily based on the parliament of it's mother country, England.
•Moreso, Canada was not given the recognition it deserved until World War I, where Canada first spoke as equal to the other nations, and again in World War II, where our invaluable aid to our allied countries pulled us from the depression and created an economy that continues to grow. It is now the largest country in the world and is rich with resources such as fresh water, fish, minerals and natural gasses.
• In my personal family, I have two brothers and 16 cousins, mostly under the age of 10. I have 5 uncles, 1 on my father's side and 4 on my mother's. Through my mother's biological father, I have 2 more uncles and 1 aunt.
• My brothers, my parents and myself were all born in Collingwood, Ontario, where we lived until I was 13 when we moved to Toronto. None of us have ever lived outside of Canada, and none of us have ever visited anywhere outside of Canada and the USA.
• I am currently employed at Canada's Wonderland as a 2014 ride operator.
• I like books, movies, television, video games, cosplay and running.
• My hobbies include doodling and digital painting.
• My favourite movie is Labyrinth and my favourite video game is Fallout 3.
• I will be the first person in my family to graduate a post-secondary program immediately after high school. Hopefully, I will be the first to graduate at a university level as well.
• I am attending Central Tech for the fashion package and would like a career in film & television as a
. I would like to go to Ryerson for their Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Design, and I would also like to take a cosmetology course to do freelance makeup SFX.
• I would like to travel, study abroad and do an internship or live in Los Angeles, California since I have plenty of friends there, and there might be more work in film there.
Colleen Atwood is my favourite costume designer.
Jennifer Healy is my favourite
digital painter and main inspiraton.