Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The language instinct debate
Transcript of The language instinct debate
*1944, Broxbourne, Herts
* Professor of Natural Language Computing
.*2005, "The language instinct, debate" Language instinct? Speed
acquisition Age-dependence Poverty of data Language
1954, Montreal, Canadá
Linguist, Author, Cognitive Scientist, and Experimental psychologist
1994, "The Language Instinct " Empiricism
*Culture, not Instinct
"The message of my book
is that there is
no “language instinct”. "The Language instinct, Debate" What is instinct? "The way people or animals naturally
react or behave, without having
to think or learn about it " Nativism
Language is innate
Built in the body /brain
Language : faculty/instinct
Linguistics universal Geoffrey Sampson. "The Language Instinct " Nature/ Nurture
Genes/Culture Pinker v/s Sampson - Constanza Pinto
-Pamela Carranza The language is :