Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Diethyl ether
It is an important use as a solvent in organic chemistry.
Common Name = ether Molecular Formula:
C H O
Colorless, volatile, highly flammable liquid
Has a powerful, characteristic odor and a hot, sweet taste
Widely used solvent for bromine, iodine, volatile oils, pure rubber, and certain vegetable alkaloids Facts: Boiling Point 35 ° C
Melting Point -116 ° C Structural Drawing:
Diethyl Ether The intoxication causes strong emotional excitation and confused, psychotic trains of thought.
Side Effects? Anesthetic in surgery 4 10