Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Sleep Deprivation
Types of Sleep Problems
Reduces performance in physical activities or sports
Moodiness: Irritability, aggression
Poor decision making
Colds and flu
Ghrelin & Leptin
*Metabolism is slower when you are sleep-deprived.
Can cause you to
Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS)
Ghrelin: The ‘go’ hormone that tells you when to eat.
*when you are sleep-deprived, you have more Ghrelin
You will want more food
Leptin: The hormone that tells you to stop eating.
*when you are sleep deprived, you have less Leptin.
You won't feel satisfied after you eat.
High blood pressure
Inability to wake up at the desired time and excessive daytime sleepiness.
Depression and behavior problems
BY: Sindia Guerrero
Continuous positive airway pressure
This device applies a constant amount of air pressure into the airways while sleeping.