Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of TwinWest Preso
Preparing Students for a Digital World What's
changed? “We need to prepare kids for their future, not our past.” -Daniel Pink Content vs. Context
“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” Alvin Toffler The New Basics Partnership for 21st Century Skills
http://p21.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=254&Itemid=120 Tools Blogs/Podcasts
Ms. Knudsen's blog
Birchview Book blog
Ms. Arvig's Stupendous Students
Digital Eyes Voicethread
http://wayzata.ed.voicethread.com/share/935939/ Google Apps for Educators
RSS Feeds MOODLE
Example: Mr. Zylla Exponential Growth The implications of these changes are significant for our students and teachers.
1. Strongly agree
5. Strongly disagree
What are the most important skills they will need to be successful?
1. Content Knowledge
2. Problem Solving Skills
3. Collaboration and Communication Skills
4. Digital Literacy
5. Global Perspectives How do these tools help students prepare
for the world they will be entering?
What are the concerns/risks with teaching
with these types of tools?
From http://www.cs.trincoll.edu/~ram/aitalk/chart19.jpg From http://edorigami.wikispaces.com/file/view/Bloom%27s_Digital_Taxonomy_wth_collab.jpg Wayzata Public Schools
Technology Integration Curriculum Using Data to Drive Instruction
Turning Point Student Response Systems
Uploads to a Data Warehouse
Teachers are forming teams around looking at data and how to respond to it As a result of these factors,
school is significantly different
from when I went to school.
2. False Do you feel like you have a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities in today's schools as we prepare students for an increasingly digital world?
1. Strongly agree
5. Strongly disagree ISTE Nets Standards Handheld Devices
Student Response Systems What kind of world are we preparing students for? High School World Language
http://whs.ed.voicethread.com/share/1080107/ Classroom Tools
The changing brain
The first U.S. submarine was used during the American Revolution. What was it called?
A. U.S.S. Ben Franklin
B. The Sea Monkey
C. The Turtle
D. The Dolphin Where was the battle that won
the American Revolution?
2. Bunker Hill
4. Ticonderoga Who is best known for stating, "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."
1. Thomas Payne
2. Nathan Hale
3. Benedict Arnold
4. John Paul Jones