Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Louis Armstrong
The Father of Jazz
Louis Armstrong was born on August 4, 1901, in New Orleans, Louisiana, in a section so poor that it was nicknamed "The Battlefield." Armstrong had a difficult childhood. His father was a factory worker and abandoned the family soon after Louis's birth; his mother often turned to prostitution, She left him with his grandmother. Armstrong was obligated to leave school in the fifth grade to begin working.
Little rock 9
international jazz artist
learned to play the cornet in a boy school
Louis got his reputation in his hometown
After quitting his hard labor jobs he played cornet full time where he met Bix Beiderbecke
he got job offer in Chicago and on the first day there he recorded his first solo
he quit because he felt insulted and the decca records offered him a job