Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Extended Essay
Possible source 4
Possible source 6
Possible source 5
What have I done so far?
Books I've read:
1) Europe and the Cold War 1945-91
Videos I've watched
1) Ronald Reagan, Mikhail Gorbachev 1988 New Years Day Messages
2) Gorbachev & Glasnost in the USSR
3) 'I fought for USSR, but failed': RT talks to Mikhail Gorbachev
4) Berlin History - The Fall of the Wall - BBC Our World Full Documentary
5) Reagan - Tear Down This Wall
Possible source 8
We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace. General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall! Ronal Reagan
Possible source 9
Solidarity is a Christian virtue. Solidarity seeks to go beyond itself; it includes forgiveness and reconciliation. One’s neighbor is then not only a human being with rights and a fundamental equality with everyone else, but is the living image of God the Father, redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ and placed under the permanent action of the Holy Spirit. One’s neighbor, including one’s enemy, must be loved with the same love with which the Lord loves him or her. For our neighbor’s sake one must be ready for sacrifice, even the ultimate one, namely to lay down one’s life for the brethren (cf. 1 Jn 3:16). At that point, awareness of the common fatherhood of God, of the brotherhood of all in Christ and of the presence and life-giving action of the Holy Spirit will bring to our vision of the world a new criterion for interpreting it. This supreme model of unity one God in three Persons, is what Christians mean by the word “communion.” John Paul II
- To what extent did the policies of Gorbachev lead to the fall of Berlin wall?
- To what extent did the policy of glasnost lead to the fall of Berlin wall?
- How far was Gorbachev responsible for the fall of Berlin wall?
Possible source 7
"No one has ready recipes. Neither the Politburo, nor the government. We all have to think, learn, experiment, take risks. Everyone has to start with himself! Common sense will help in practical work. The main thing is to work honestly, take responsibility, try to organize ourselves. We learned to put up with too much in the absence of openness and criticism. This applies to both ordinary workers and the Party officials. Up till now we have been talking about democracy, now it's time to implement it and respect it. Those who try to break people, to push them around as they please, cannot work with us. We shouldn’t be afraid of our own people. Let's give a free hand to the local press. Glasnost is true socialism." Michael Gorbachev
Possible source 1
Possible source 3
Possible source 2
To do before the end of term:
Finalise my sources
Finalise my question
To do over the summer:
Read two books
Watch a film "The Burning Wall"
Write up my Extended Essay