Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The difference between cephalocaudal and proximodistal devel
Transcript of The difference between cephalocaudal and proximodistal devel
Cephalocaudal development refers to growth and development that occurs from the head down. An infant will gain control over their neck muscles first, which allows them to hold their head steady.
Proximodistal development occurs from the centre or core of the body in an outward direction. The spine develops first in the uterus, followed by the extremities and finally the fingers and toes.
The difference between cephalocaudal and proximodistal development