Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
IZMIT, TURKEY EARTHQUAKE
Transcript of IZMIT, TURKEY EARTHQUAKE
The aftershock of this earthquake occurred during November 12, 1999, the magnitude of this aftershock was a 7.4.
This area has a long history with large and destructive earthquakes. There was an earthquake similar to the 1906 San Fransisco earthquake and fire in 358 A.D.
The death total for the earthquake was 17,118 people.
Izmit, Turkey Earthquake
By: Will, Ty, and Zach
The magnitude of the earthquake was a 7.6.
This earthquake occurred on August 17, 1999. It was on the North Anatolian fault, which one of the largest and best studied strike-slip fault. It is very similar to the San Andres fault.
Where And When It Occurred!
This earthquake was caused by the Eurasian Plate sliding past the Anatolian Plate.