Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Question 3
People give a variety of reasons for copying a music CD from a friend instead of buying it. Refute each of the reasons given below using one of the theories described. (You must not use the SAME theory for all)
b. The retail price is too high. The company is gouging customers.
c. Since I wouldn’t have bought it anyway, the company didn’t lose a sale.
f. This is a drop in the bucket compared to pirates who sell billions of dollars worth of copied music.
a. I don’t have enough money to buy it.
d. I’m giving my friend the opportunity to do a good deed.
e. Everyone else is doing it. Why should I be the only person to buy it when everyone else is getting it for free?
g. This is insignificant compared to the billions of dollars worth of music being exchanged over the Internet.
Social Contract Theory