Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T16 - Serve the Needs
Transcript of CMIN 101 (Fa '16) T16 - Serve the Needs
Being Salt and Light
- read Matt 5:13-16
What are these few verses talking about?
- purpose of disciples
In what ways could acts of service to others function in a similar way?
What does it mean to lose our saltiness?
Describe the effect of light in the two instances that Jesus cites in these verses?
A Lifestyle of Servanthood
- an act of joy doing the Father’s will
our verbal testimony
our humble nailing of our sin
our display of God’s grace when we are pressed
We fulfill God’s purpose when serving others is . . .
we also need this 4th form of witness - a lifestyle of servanthood." Daniel Meyer
The 10 Best Servant Evangelism Outreach Projects
Our Evangelism Outreach Projects
How can we serve people here on Guam?
How can people stay in touch with us if they have questions?
Link to resource:
What will be the result of our good deeds?
"You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet. "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
Do we all receive God's grace although we disobey him?
Have you had a failure where you've seen God's grace exemplified?
What should you do when you feel like you shouldn't spread the gospel because you are unworthy or not good enough?
Who do you know that expresses grace under pressure?
What does grace mean when God's servants like Paul speaks while they are in chains and pains and how can we apply this to our life as we are not in the same situation?
Why Christianity is Different
"If we are going to reach the people of this world in significantly greater numbers, then alongside
- a response of gratitude for all that God has given us
- an acknowledgment that we live by God’s grace
- a gift without expecting a return
- a sign of God’s love, not a marketing strategy
Link to complete PDF