Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Learning Brain
Transcript of The Learning Brain
effect . . .
Create GAPS in your learning,
Mix it up,
JUMP between concepts
Guessing wrong +
correct feedback =
= growth & pruning
b. decision-making, planning, problem solving, attention
a. touch, pressure, pain,
c. visual processing from eyes
d. auditory processing, memory
practice to grow
Automacity and expertize: 10,000 hours
YES YOU CAN!
give or guess answers,
+ - x + - x
Why is it (not) done this way?
What does it mean?
What information does this add to what I already know?
Knowledge and beliefs about cognition and understanding
Regulation and control of cognition and thinking--using
entity vs. incremental
performance vs. mastery
How smart are you, anyway?
"The most significant gains in
student achievement result when
students are taught the use of metacognitive strategies in explicit
(Haidar & Al Naqabi, 2008;
Kistner et. al. 2010)