Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
7th Micrography - history & modernization
Transcript of 7th Micrography - history & modernization
it has become encompassed by typography, a modern mass-media phenomenon.
derived from the greek words for "form" and "writing,"
typography is the art and technique of arranging type in order to make language visible.
Create a Self Portrait
Create a Landscape
Micrography uses Hebrew letters to form representational, geometric, abstract designs.
Reflect on your identity.
Use 40 positive words that describe you. (Words will be the contour of your face)
Hebrew Letters form representational, geometric or abstract designs.
Micrography & Design
Traditional Microcalligraphy is black and white
so any colored
It also has parallels in Christianity & Islam
Modern Versions of Micrography:
Simple to Complex
Micrography in Advertising
Portraits & Legends
Visually advertise for a product, company, group, movie, team, etc.
Just have fun!
Wish upon a star & make it interesting!
Micrography provided a way for artists to remain devout observers of Jewish Law.
Historical Reference: religion vs. art
Art adopted in Islamic art due to similar restrictions in Muslim law.
1. Choose a subject for your micrography: representational, abstract or geometric
2. Make a LIGHT, LIGHT, SOFT, LIGHT contour drawing.
3. Choose an approach - Micrography: about the image MORE than the words
- Typography- making the WORDS visiable
4. Replace the lines with words or fill in the space with words.
I'm done, now what?
1. Check - is 90% of your paper filled? Did it use different values? Micro - image is visible or Typo - image & words visible? Does it look neat, well made, well-crafted, detailed?
Extension assignment: use a drawing program on the computer to create a micrography/typography piece.
Visual directions for micrography: http://www.showme.com/sh/?h=kylvEEy