Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
South Carolina by Viktoriya and Caroline
Transcript of South Carolina by Viktoriya and Caroline
Columbia: The State Capital
South Carolina's State Flag
State Bird: Carolina Wren
Location & Geography
•South Carolina’s border states are North Carolina and Georgia
•South Carolina’s location is in the south-east; next to the Atlantic ocean
Welcome to South Carolina!
• Palmetto Tree
• Oak Tree
• Hickory Tree
• Tulip Tree
• Yellow Jessamine
• Shrubs & Wild Flowers
• White –tailed Deer
• Praying Mantis
• Carolina Wren
• Subtropical Climate
• Humid summers
• Mild Winters
• Piedmont Plateau
• Blue Ridge Mountains (part of the Appalachians)
• Sassafras Mountain (highest point)
• Pee Dee River
• Santee River
• Waccamaw River
• Savanna River
• South Carolina joined the twelve other colonies in the Revolutionary War
• South Carolina played an important role in slavery
• World War 2 revived the state’s economy, particularly giving a boost to manufacturing
• On December 20,1860 South Carolina became the first state to secede from the Union
• Native Americans have lived in South Carolina for more than 10,000 years.
The Capital Building
• Vast Forests
• Rich Soils
• Minerals: clay, granite, limestone and vermiculite.
• Good water supply
• Cloth (Apparel)
1. Fort Sumter (national monument)
2. Fort Moultrie (played roles in the Revolutionary and Civil Wars)
1. Myrtle Beach
2. Hilton Head Island
The Map of S.C.
• South Carolina has over 35 school districts.
• South Carolina does not have any natural lakes, but many were formed in the late 1930s.
• Camping and Hiking are year-round activities.
• Boating, sailing and swimming are popular in coastal areas.
• Waterskiing, parasailing, canoeing and kayaking are other water activities.
• Golf is the main sport.
• College sports especially football and basketball
• The Capital Building
• The Big Apple
• Planes & Trains
Hope You Enjoyed
Hilton Head Island