Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Chapter 17: Life Cycle Nutrition Adulthood and the Later Years
Transcript of Chapter 17: Life Cycle Nutrition Adulthood and the Later Years
Lifestyle behaviors for older adults
Eating well-balanced meals
Engaging in physical activity
Abstinence or moderate use of alcohol
Maintaining a healthy body weight
Sleeping regularly and adequately
Energy requirements: less for older adults
retain muscle mass
Carbohydrates and fiber
Vitamins and Minerals
Psychological and physical stressors
Men vs. Women
Body weight and body composition: moderately overweight, increase in body fat, decrease in bone mass
Food Assistance Programs
Older Americans Act Nutrition Program
Meals on Wheels
Senior Farmers Market
Living arrangements and income
Hospital and nursing home