Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ottoman Art & Architecture
Transcript of Ottoman Art & Architecture
Who is Sinan?
What characteristics do Ottoman buildings have?
What are some other areas of art in Ottoman culture?
conscripted according to the
became a Janissary and traveled the Empire
"I saw the monuments, the great ancient remains. From every ruin I learned, from every building I absorbed something."
About his travels in Egypt, Persia, Damascus
Sinan was appointed as head of the Royal Architects by Suleiman I.
Influenced by the Hagia Sophia
Selimiye Complex in Edirne
Over 80 major mosques
Over 50 small mosques
57 religious schools
42 public baths
The Blue Mosque
built by a student of Sinan
built from 1609-1616
small painting on paper
based on Persian and Asian miniatures
Ottoman art has a mixture of Persian, Arabic, Mesopotamian, and European influences
This reflects the diversity of the empire