Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of HC-3.2
Proper body mechanics helps to avoid it. The importance of body mechanics The correct relationship or position of the head, back and limbs.
Avoids unnecessary pressure on the on the natural curves of the back and protects the muscles and ligaments of the back. Body alignment 1) Place your feet flat on the floor, 6 to 10 inches apart.
2) Keep your back straight.
3) Flex your knees slightly. Base of support Related to muscle elasticity Body mechanics failure A measure of how far a muscle will stretch without injury. What is muscle elasticity? 1. Overstretching the muscles.
2. Causes acute strains, sprains disc strains and bulging, disc herniation as well as fatigue. Consequences of failure to use proper body mechanics. Through preventing it by:
2. Back support.
3. Healthy diet and weight.
4. Good body mechanics. How to avoid back pain? 1. Good base of support.
2. Use both hands.
3. Face the way you're moving.
4. Avoid unnecessary reaching.
5. Keep your chin up.
6. Keep your shoulders back.
7. Bend at the hips and knees.
8. Avoid twisting your back.
9. Keep the object you're lifting close to your body.
10. Push large objects. Guidelines to proper body mechanics