Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Dining Philosophers
locking Projections Mutual Exclusion Hold and wait No Preemption Circular Wait DINING PHILOSPHERS
Illustrate the complexities of managing shared state in a multithread enviroment. This is Our problem a set of threads/processes ceases
to make progress because each is waiting for another in the set instead of
synchronized List top competitors - java.util.concurrent library has what we need WHAT IS IT? Conclusion A solution ! http://undergraduate.csse.uwa.edu.au/units/CITS3213/lectures2/lect4.pdf - advantage of cheking if the lock is held before
requesting it - You can request and release these locks anywhere - this also means you need to be very careful that locks
are always released