Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 5.4. EVOLUTION
In our society the population tends to exceed the expected growth rate causing overpopulation in a lot of countries. As a result of that the environment can only provide limited resources to human beings. Also causing a struggle for survival.
Linking back to artificial traits, those with well suited traits have a higher tendency to survive leading to a change in the characteristics of the average population.
No two are alike
THE EVOLUTION GAME
can be seen by antibiotic resistance due to environmental changes. As bacteria can reproduce at an alarming rate by simple cell division. It quickly adapts to its environment and becomes immune against antibiotics.
* Evolution - the process by which organisms are believed to have developed from earlier forms during the history of earth
*Charles Darwin definition
- Theory of Evolution is the widely held notion that all life is related and has descended from a common ancestor: the birds and the bananas, the fishes and the flowers -- all related.
Evolution is recorded in the fossils that have been formed over time.
a selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals, in order to get desired traits humans have chosen to select individuals with these traits
The structure of a human arm is the same as a whale's fin but they don't look alike. The structure is similar though because we are both mammals.
LETS HAVE SOME FUN!
4. Supreme being
Sexual Reproduction allows for variations in species. There is random fertilization, where in each individual there are two sets of chromosomes.
Mendel's law of segregation
Mendel believes traits are passed off form parent to offspring through gene transmission. Genes are located on chromosomes and consist of DNA.
Natural Evolution takes place, because individuals have unequal ability for survival, meaning everyone is different, thus also their characteristics.
However, this uneven ability for survival causes a gradual change in the population over generations as favorite characteristics accumulate.
Another example : Moths started with variation (light vs dark) and then went through a rapid evolution, where the darker ones would survive. They were best suited to survive and passed their genes to the next generation. Over time, moths populations became more similar to their background.