Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ATL Skills @ GSLC
Transcript of ATL Skills @ GSLC
The ATL skills compliment our IB learner profile - the IB mission statement in action.
To come alongside this and be woven throughout is our College commitment to the Positive Education framework for student well being.
After conducting a SMART organizer we decided that a 2-year rotation of ATL skills across subject areas is the most achievable and effective means of explicitly teaching the ATL models assigned to our subject area.
3 per year, per year level, per subject.
Subjects are responsible for teaching that explicit ATL model, so the skills can easily be transferred to other subject areas.
We have adopted the Fairview International School in Malaysia's approach to the explicit teaching of ATL skills.
- Effective models for learning that students can use not just in school but also beyond the College grounds
- Shared responsibility for the explicit teaching of ATL skills
- Transfer of skill knowledge across all subject areas
- Drawing together of affective skills and academic skills to continue to live out the IB mission of a holistic education for all enrolled in the MYP programme.
ATL Skills @ GSLC
MYP: From principles to practice
Models are structures and graphic organizers for learning.
How can we explicitly teach these models within our inquiry units?
How can other subject areas and learning experiences benefit from our having explicitly taught an ATL skill/model?
Why ATL skills? Within our classrooms at Good Shepherd, 'we are currently preparing students for jobs that don't yet exist, using technologies that haven't been invented, in order to solve problems we don't even know are problems yet.'
Riley, The Jobs Revolution
PYP - MYP - DP
MYP ATL Clusters
Purpose of ATL skills:
- Tools for learning
- Self-regulated and independent learners
- Transfer of skill development across the MYP learning areas.
The role of self-assessment and ATL skills:
Novice/beginning - students are introduced to the skill, and can watch others performing it
Learner/developing - students copy others who use the skill with scaffolding and guidance
Practitioner/using - students employ the skill confidently and effectively
Expert/sharing - students can show others how to use the skill and accurately assess how effectively the skill is used