Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
General Purpose Software, Specialist Software and Tailor Made Software
Transcript of General Purpose Software, Specialist Software and Tailor Made Software
- Well tested - Wide support
- Does not need training to use. Advantages of GPS Specialist Software - More customer support
- Does exactly what you need it to do Advantages of Specialist Software Tailor made software is software made
under the specifications of the client. It is usually very expensive as there will only be sold to up to 10 or less people/businesses. General purpose software is any type of software that allows or aids the user to complete computer related tasks. A B C D E F Unlike GPS, Specialist software can only be bought by some people, because of this the price of specialist software is much higher than GPS. Examples of Specialist Software 1. Computer Aided Design (CAD) applications
2. Logistics planning applications
3. Computer animation applications
4. Music composition and editing applications Example of GPS -Word processing software; it aids the user in writing tasks on the computer.
-Spreadsheet Software; it aids the user in creating tables and can be used for book-keeping or accounting. Disadvantages of GPS - Wont do exactly what you need to do, whereas specialist software
will do exactly what you want it to do Disadvantages of Specialist Software - Costs more then GPS
- Annual or monthly payment plan Tailor made software Tailor made software is software made
under the specifications of the client. It is usually very expensive as there will only be sold to up to 10 or less people/businesses. Advantages - Can be made to specific requirements of the client
- Lots of customer support because of the price Disadvantages - Costs a lot to buy because the profit will be low for the producers if it does not cost a lot, this is because it is being sold to a maximum of 10 people
- The software cannot be re-sold to another client.