Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
1848 Revolutions in Italy (WITH answers)
Transcript of 1848 Revolutions in Italy (WITH answers)
The Revolutions of 1848
Nationalist = united Italy, opposed
forms of gov.
SUCCESS: January - April, revolutionaries seized control of island.
Aim = independence from
Declaration proclaimed in
- Failure: Spring
forcibly united to Naples
- From Sicily revolution spread to
forced = parliament and removal of press censorship
The Papal States
- MARCH 1848 = popular disturbances
-November 1848 Pius IX left Rome = Republic under
Republican government established in
PARMA & MODENA
-RULERS OF BOTH
OUT OF THEIR
- RULERS RESTORED BY
Charles Albert helped Lombardy
The End of the Revolution
- By 1849
the forces of reaction were restored
= NO SINGLE NATIONAL STATE emerged; revolutionaries rejected across Europe.
Middle- class liberals once obtained vote, abandoned
working class little aware of
1847-48 harvests quite good. Once last remnants of feudal system removed,
not interested in revolution and
to urban revolutionaries
Nationalist groups not
and masses not affected by
Army's role = crucial = loyal to established
and France did not help the revolutionaries
nd reactionary political order in Europe until
First World War
1848 = rising suppressed,
- Troops from France and Naples crushed
June 1849 the
troops restored Grand Duchy of Tuscany
by the Austrians in 1848 and finally surrended in
- Rising in Milan agst Austrian occupation.
- Austrian garrison was diriven out of
during the "5 days" (
-A provisional government was set up.
-Lombardy received help from
Restored to Austrians in
Piedmont defeated by
in July 1848.
In March 1849 Charles Albert
restarted the war but
was defeated at