Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of K-12: History, Characteristics, Goals and Emerging Issues
Transcript of Copy of K-12: History, Characteristics, Goals and Emerging Issues
1. Monroe Survey (1925)
2. Prosser Survey (1930)
3. UNESCO Mission Survey (1949)
4. Education Act of 1953
5. Swanson Survey (1960)
6. Presidential Commission to Survey Philippine Education (PCSPE) (1970)
7. Congressional Commission on Education (EDCOM) Report (1991)
8. Presidential Commission on Educational Reforms (2000)
9. Presidential Task Force on Education (2008)
The goal of the Enhanced K+12 Basic Education Program is to create a functional basic education system that will produce productive and responsible citizens equipped with the essential competencies and skills for both life-long learning and employment.
a) To give every student an opportunity to receive quality education based on an enhanced and decongested curriculum that is internationally recognized and comparable
b) To change public perception that high school education is just a preparation for college; rather, it should allow one to take advantage of opportunities for gainful career or employment and/or self-employment in a rapidly changing and increasingly globalized environment
1. The enhancement of the curriculum is the central focus of the Enhanced K+12 Basic Education Program.
2. The development of tracks based on different competencies and/or student interest will be an integral component of the program.
3. As part of the bigger basic education reform, the enhancement of the basic education curriculum is being undertaken hand in hand with the vigorous efforts to ensure adequacy of inputs.
4. Change is two-fold: curriculum enhancement and transition management.
5. An open and consultative process will be adopted in the promotion of the Enhanced K+12 Basic Education Program.
DISCUSSION PAPER ONTHE ENHANCED K+12BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAM DepEd discussion paper 05 October 2010 http://www.scribd.com/doc/55520272/Proposed-K-12-Basic-Education-System-in-The-Philippines
Br. Armin A. Luisitro FSC K to 12 Basic Education Program 20 February 2012
1. The priority for the Department of Education is kindergarten provision.
2. Facilities are simply not available
3. Enough Funding
4. Trained Teachers
5. Private universities are also in danger of being affected. While the public sector handles 87% of elementary and high school students, private universities provide about 80% of tertiary education.
Reporters: Juvy Dawn Liza
Mary Grace Odan