Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Language and the Digital Age
Transcript of Language and the Digital Age
linguists do? Study language: its formal properties, and how people acquire and use it
what's language-specific What Do Computer Scientists Do? Test Code Write code Debug Code or, maybe there is more... Studying Speech Sounds... Henry Higgins? Henry Sweet Daniel Jones acoustic phonetics is fun and
science! http://prezi.com/pivui-bqhpj_/what-do-computer-scientists-do/ Bonus video! See --- and hear --- the world's first speech synthesizer, built in 1939 on principles worked out by people like Henry Sweet and Daniel Jones, leading to more modern machine-generated speech, like the examples in the presentation by Chris. http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=2951 Read more about this great slip of the ear: