Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip by Jordan Sonnibleck
Transcript of Curveball: The Year I Lost My Grip by Jordan Sonnibleck
(protagonist)- a freshman in high school who recently had surgery on his arm and wont ever be able to play baseball again because of his injury.
- Peters grandfather who is a professional photographer who starts to loose his memory
- Peters best friend and pitching partner who doesn't believe Peter when he tells him he cannot pitch again
- a girl in Peter's advanced photography class who Peters confides to about his grandfather's sickness.
6-8th graders who enjoy sports and books with good morals.
Whats so great about this book?
This book teaches lessons of perseverance, strength, and courage that we can use in our daily lives.
Perseverance and acceptance
Something I learned:
A sport doesn't define you, its who you are as a person and what's in your heart that truly counts! Also life is like a long road. Peter's injury was a setback, like a bump in the road and in the end it made him a better and stronger person!
Peter's high school in modern day U.S.
Questions to consider:
Was this a believable story? Why or Why not?
What made the main character interesting?
Book Information and Analysis
14 years old
Freshman in high school
Has his whole life planned out for him
Serious arm injury happens and he can't ever pitch again
Baseball is his life and Peter thinks it defines him.