Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Food Chains and Food Webs
Transcript of Food Chains and Food Webs
A food chain is a model used to show how energy is obtained through each organism.....
Which do you think is more realistic to use????
LEVELS IN A FOOD WEB
PRODUCERS or AUTOTROPHS
PRIMARY CONSUMERS or
FIRST ORDER HETEROTROPHS
3. SECONDARY CONSUMERS or
SECOND ORDER HETEROTROPHS
4. TERTIARY CONSUMERS or
THIRD ORDER HETEROTROPHS
it shows ONE path which energy moves through the ecosystem
A food web shows how a food chain can OVERLAP in an ecosystem
We know that many animals eat each other...This is how food chains OVERLAP....
A food chain or food web????
FOOD WEBS ARE MORE REALISTIC!!!
BECAUSE MANY ORGANISMS PLAY DIFFERENT ROLES IN AN ECOSYSTEM!!!