Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Zinc
Atomic #: 30
Atomic Mass: 65.39 amu
# of Protons: 30
# of Neutrons: 35
# of Electrons: 30
Melting Point: 787.24396'F
Boiling Point: 1,664.6'F
Who Found Zinc
Zinc was discovered by Andreas Marggraf.
What Is Zinc Used For
When Was Zinc Found
Centuries before Zinc was distinguished as its own element it had been used:
Where Was Zinc Found
Zinc Is Used In
*appliances around you
* cold medicine
*Zinc enhances eyesight.
Zinc is the 2nd most commonly traced metal, after iron naturally found in your body
*Zinc may even cut your next cold short.
Why Do We Use Zinc
*Zinc is a nutrient that people need to stay healthy.
It helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses.
The body also needs zinc to make proteins, and DNA.
During child hood the body needs zinc to grow.
Zinc is also needed to have proper sense of taste and smell.
* as an alloy for brass, nickle silver, and aluminum solder
* in Transylvania (as an alloy containing 87% zinc) and Palestine
* throughout 1400-1000 B.C.
Zinc was discovered in Germany during the mid 1700's.