Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Elements of Literature
Transcript of Elements of Literature
Dynamic Static Character- a character that changes little throughout the course of the story Dynamic character- someone that undergoes a significant change because of the main conflict. Example- Blade in Freak the Mighty Example- Max in Freak the Mighty http://www.k-state.edu/english/baker/english320/cc-static_vs_dynamic_characterization.htm Setting 2 Types of Setting
Backdrop Integral- setting is essential to the plot Backdrop- setting is not essential to the plot.
It could happen anywhere. It does not have to
happen at a precise time or an exact place. Setting- the time and place of a story. Day or year. What would be an example of an integral setting? What would be an example
of a backdrop setting? Theme What is a theme park? In literature, a theme is a broad idea in a story, or a message or lesson conveyed by a work. This message is usually about life, society or human nature. How do you find theme? 1. Identify the main conflict.
2. Ask- how was the main conflict resolved or addressed?
3. What was the lesson learned in the story?