Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Slavery group project
Transcript of Slavery group project
First Public Slave Sale
In 1444, the first puplic slave sale (African) ever takes place in Lagos, Portugal. It was described as a "terrible scene of misery and disorder." Lançarote de Freitas, a portuguese slave trader and explorer leads two large raids on the Western coast of Africa for slaves.
Trans-Atlantic slave trade Peak
In the 1780's the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade reaches it's peak.
Abolition of Slavery Act
In 1833 Britain passes the Abolition of Slavery Act. This Act creates a gradual abolition of in all of Britain's colonies. 20 million pounds are given to plantation owners in the West Indies as compensation -- they just lost all their workers.
Proclamation of Emancipation
In 1862 the current president of the United States, Abraham Lincoln,passes the Emancipation Proclamation. This proclamation goes into affect on January first the following year. In 1865 the 13th amendment of the U.S Constitution banns slavery.
Universal Declaration of Human Rights