Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Period 8:Clarkson
Odds of Survival
The ash of the last eruption blotted out the sun, cooling the Earth and caused widespread extinction
The odds of survival are 1 in 730,000 of an eruption, so you should not worry.
Scientists can`t really predict when it will erupt, but for now, Earthquakes are the biggest threat.
The Mt. St. Helen's eruption was 1,000 times smaller.
The volcano can shoot 240 cubic miles of lava across the states of Montana,Idaho, and Wyoming with global effects.
The magma chamber of this giant is 50 miles long by 20 miles wide, and 6 miles deep.
The last eruption was 640,000 years ago. And the volcano erupts at 700,000 year intervals, so we have 60,000 years until global distruction.
National Geographic Daily News.[12/18/13]http://news.nationalgeographic.com./.
This project was made by: