Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Photosynthesis - 3.1 & 3.2
Transcript of Photosynthesis - 3.1 & 3.2
Porphyrin ring absorbs light energy
Hydrocarbon tail embeds chlorophyll in the membrane Transpiration Helps draw water up from the roots Chloroplasts Porphyrin Ring Hydrophobic Tail Plants control the size of opening to maximize CO2 intake and minimize H2O loss Warm, sunny, dry, windy weather = small stomata Where photosynthesis occurs Stages of Photosynthesis 1. Capture light energy
2. Convert light energy to ATP and NADPH
3. Use energy to make sugar Light and Dark Reactions Stage 1 & 2 need direct light
Stage 3 used to be called a dark reaction Rate of Photosynthesis Increases with:
[CO2] Accessory Pigments Chlorophyll b: green
Carotenoids: yellow - red
energy absorbing role
Anthocyanins: red, violet, blue
Xanthophylls: yellow For Next Class: Read 3.1 & 3.2 - There are a lot more details in your textbooks
We will be continuing with 3.3 and possibly 3.4 tomorrow
If you would like access to my Prezi's, I can email you a link if you provide me with your email addresses =)