Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
the computer in business writing
Transcript of the computer in business writing
Make a hard copy if the message is vital.
the computer in business writing
Reminders and Tips on How to Use the E-mail Properly
Check and double-check before clicking the "sent" button
Is the message complete?
Is the tone courteous?
Has any objectionable word or phrase been included?
Is any anger shown?
Is the message indiscreet and does not it include material that should not have been sent?
Did the message contain too much information?
Did the message follow a format?
Was the message error-free?
Keep the messages brief and to the point because e-mail messages can easily clog up the airwaves and computer space.
Do not include confidential information.
Do not send official mail through the internet.
Keep e-mail files up-to-date everyday.
LETTERS WITH SPECIAL PURPOSE
The writer must first prepare the person to receive the bad news to ensure that the recipient's good will is not lost.
The objective of this principle is to be able to give a negative message without making the other person angry, upset, or humiliated, or the very least, to reduce whatever negative results it may create.
Sending out a bad news letter is one instance where the writer cannot begin with the purpose.
Use the indirect approach for bad news.
Symbols; objects representing something
Following outline should serve as guide:
THE INDIAN TECHNIQUE
Based on American Indian who are known the way they value customs ad traditions.
*Headgear (in modern times, the hat)
KNOCK OFF THE
Should not contain any negative word or statement
Should not too positive
Writer's last chance to smooth ruffled feathers
"Please feel free to call me."
"If you have any questions..."
- Most people are physically or mentally impaired are offended by terms that were, at one time, considered acceptable.
Race, Ethnicity, and Nationality Bias
- Today, good business communicators avoid expressions that might be considered sexist.
- To avoid descrimination, referring to people's ages should be kept clear of, and terms that are normally attributed to certain age groups should not be used.
- indication of increased sensitivity for other people's feelings and more respect for one another.
- Avoid referring to a person in a way that does not relate to the matter under discussion.
REASONS WHY PEOPLE DO NOT PAY THEIR BILLS:
They feel the price, service, or the product purchased was unsatisfactory.
From the moment they bought the product or service they intended to commit fraud by not paying for it.
They forget to pay the bill or overlook.
They do not have money and probably will never have the money.
There is a misunderstanding surrounding the details of the sale.
The invoice did not reach them or is erroneous.
They cannot pay the full amount but could pay a little at a time.
MASLOW'S HIERARCHY OF NEEDS
Stages Followed by Companies to Collect Money
Collection letters require special treatment.