Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
G325: YouTube - rethinking media and collective identity?
Transcript of G325: YouTube - rethinking media and collective identity?
1. Discuss the role of media technology past and present in creating/reflecting human identity.
3. Start to explore Michael Wesch and his YouTube project. YouTube is the 3rd most visited website in the world behind...
Its users will soon be uploading 1m videos every day.
It is revolutionising advertising, broadcasting, music and the rest of the media; it is also changing us... The Past How... Communities created and changed by media.
Communities created and changed by technological developments.
One2one communication to one2many communication The Future? The rise of User-Generated Content
Technology has enabled 'Prosumers'
Playing with identity
Issues - not face2face, no consequences
- authenticity Technological Convergence - iPad & Project Natal
New Media Elite - Google & Apple
New Social media - foursquare & Chatroulette