Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tropical Rain Forest Biome
Transcript of Tropical Rain Forest Biome
* The temperature rarely goes higher than 98°F and no lower than 68°F.
* Generally the average humidity falls between 77% - 88%.
* The yearly rainfall averages out to 50 - 260" yearly.
* In monsoonal areas, there are dry seasons.
*Lianas: vines that drape between the trees.
*Pitcher plants: a carnivorous plant that is currently endangered.
-40% of the world's oxygen is created in rainforests, and 1/4 of the world's medicines are produced by the plants found in rainforests.
*Resplendent Quetzal *Toucan
Temperature & Average Precipitation
*In a rainforest, there are two season: wet & dry, but in tropical rainforests there is little dry season.
*There is little difference between the warm and cool months, and humidity is always high.
*Tropical rainforests have an equatorial climate(no dry season).
Where can it be found?
*Tropical rainforests only take up 6% of the Earth's surface.
*Located: Central America, Northern South America, Mid-Africa, North-Eastern Australia, and Southern Asia.
*All tropical rainforests are located on or near the equator.
Animals of the Rainforest
Layers of the Rainforest
*The trees located in this layer receive the most sunlight, and drape over the rest like mushrooms.
*90% of the animals can be found in this layer. The trees that form this layer surround the forest making a canopy, and many other plants such as lianas and vines can be found on these trees.
* This layer only receives only 2-15% of the sunlight. Due to the lack of sunlight it is very open unless you are by the river where it can become more dense. Many popular house plants can also be found in this layer.
This layer receives less than 2% of sunlight, and only plants that are adapted to low sunlight can grown here. There is a layer of leaves, fruits, and branches that can decompose very quickly.
Plants And Animals
Biotic and Abiotic Factors
*Primates- they separate seeds.
*Birds- squash fruit and spread seeds.
*Pitcher Plants(1/600 carnivorous plants/endangered)
*Rainfall & Humidity
*Soil(2/3 of the rainforests are considered wet deserts)
*Trees in the rainforest are so densely packed that it can take up to ten minutes for rain to reach the ground.
*You can find over 2,000 species of butterflies in the tropical rainforests of South America.
*80% of flowers found in the Australian rainforests are not found anywhere else in the world.