Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SLIM analysis of Poetry
Transcript of SLIM analysis of Poetry
using the SLIMS method
How would you describe the poets use of words - vivid, striking, effective, colourless and predictable? Is the language appropriate to subject/theme? What effect does the language have?
Are there any striking examples of similes, metaphors, personifications or symbols in the poem? What is their effect?
MOVEMENT or RHYTHM
Does the poem have a regular (slow or fast) rhythm? What is the effect of any rhythmic qualities?
How is the poem structured? Does it have stanzas with a regular number of lines, or any other interestingfeatures of structural design?
Does the poem have any significant sound features? Does the poem use onomatopoeia, alliteration, or assonance? Does the poem rhyme? What are the effects of these sound features to the poem as a whole?