Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is a Gene
Transcript of What is a Gene
What is a Gene?
You find genes in the cells nucleus, mitochondria, and DNA.
Where do you find genes?
Genes tell your body how to make all of it's proteins.
What do genes do?
A protein is a nitrogenous organic compound that consists of large molecules and one or more strand of amino acids. In all living organisms.
What is a protein?
A segment of DNA or RNA molecule that does not code for proteins and interrupts the sequence of genes.
What is an intron?
A segment of DNA or RNA molecule containing information coding for a protein or a pep-tide sequence.
What is an exon?
Dominance in genetics is a relationship between allele of one gene.
What is a dominant gene?
Recessive is a quality found in the relationship between two versions of a gene.
What is a recessive gene?
Genes are made up of DNA strands.
What traits can be determined by genes?
Hair color, eye color, height, ect,
and other visual
features can be determined