Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Types of Computer
Transcript of Types of Computer
1.Micro Computer ( Personal Computer )
- is a multi user computers that lies in the middle range of the computing spectrum, in between the largest mainframe computer and the smallest single user systems ( microcomputer )
- was created to distinguish the traditional large institutional computer intended to service multiple users from the smaller single user machines.
According to Data handled
1. Analogue Computer
Types of Computer
- are the most common type of computer. The term ‘microcomputer’ was introduced with a single chip of
Microcomputer includes the following :
laptop and netbook computer
personal digital assistance
- these computers are capable of handling and processing very large amount of data quickly .
- mainframe are used in large institutions such as government, banks and large corporations.
- is focused on performing tasks involving intense numerical calculations such as weather forecasting nuclear stimulation, , theoretical astrophysics and scientific calculations.
- a computer that is at the front line of current processing, capacity particularly speed of calculations.
- Supercomputer are very expensive and not cost effective just to perform transaction processing.
- commonly used for scientific – engineering problem particularly in chemical industry and electric power plant . These deal with the continuously changing physical data such as pressure, temperature and current.
2. Digital Computer
- solve problem by performing calculations and dealing with each number digit by digit.
3. Hybrid Computer
- Contains elements both digital and analogue computers.
According to Purpose
1. General Purpose Computers
-these are designed to handle variety of a different problems and to meet different needs. A general purpose computer can be used for such varied applications as payroll account receivables, budgeting and sales analysis. Example : Personal Computers
2. Special Purpose Computers
- are designed to handle specific problem or to perform specific tasks with limited capabilities.
Example : computers used for collecting toll fee, airline reservation system , industrial process control and ATM.
- an electronic device that can receive a set of instruction or program and then carry out this program by performing calculation
or numerical data or by manipulating other forms of information.