Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Types of Computer
Transcript of Types of Computer
1.Micro Computer ( Personal Computer )
- is a multi user computers that lies in the middle range of the computing spectrum, in between the largest mainframe computer and the smallest single user systems ( microcomputer )
- was created to distinguish the traditional large institutional computer intended to service multiple users from the smaller single user machines.
According to Data handled
1. Analogue Computer
Types of Computer
- are the most common type of computer. The term ‘microcomputer’ was introduced with a single chip of
Microcomputer includes the following :
laptop and netbook computer
personal digital assistance
- these computers are capable of handling and processing very large amount of data quickly .
- mainframe are used in large institutions such as government, banks and large corporations.
- is focused on performing tasks involving intense numerical calculations such as weather forecasting nuclear stimulation, , theoretical astrophysics and scientific calculations.
- a computer that is at the front line of current processing, capacity particularly speed of calculations.
- Supercomputer are very expensive and not cost effective just to perform transaction processing.
- commonly used for scientific – engineering problem particularly in chemical industry and electric power plant . These deal with the continuously changing physical data such as pressure, temperature and current.
2. Digital Computer
- solve problem by performing calculations and dealing with each number digit by digit.
3. Hybrid Computer
- Contains elements both digital and analogue computers.
According to Purpose
1. General Purpose Computers
-these are designed to handle variety of a different problems and to meet different needs. A general purpose computer can be used for such varied applications as payroll account receivables, budgeting and sales analysis. Example : Personal Computers
2. Special Purpose Computers
- are designed to handle specific problem or to perform specific tasks with limited capabilities.
Example : computers used for collecting toll fee, airline reservation system , industrial process control and ATM.
- an electronic device that can receive a set of instruction or program and then carry out this program by performing calculation
or numerical data or by manipulating other forms of information.