Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Condensation Polymer
Esters are made from the reaction between carboxylic acids and alcohols. Polyesters are formed when both the alcohol and the carboxylic acids monomers units each have two functional groups.
An amide can be made by reacting a carboxyl group and an amine group. A polyamide is formed When the carboxyl group and amine group each have 2 functional groups.
Spider slik are very strong and very ductile . They are made from glycine and alanine. The alanine residues are known as "crystalline and glycine residues held together by hydrogen bonds.
Condensation Vs Addition
By-products are produced such as water or small molecules
Re-arrange the electrons of the double bond.
Addition polymers are saturated molecules, which makes them generally unreactive. Therefore they do not undergo hydrolysis and break down.
Whereas condensation polymers either have an amide or ester linkage, which are makes the polymer reactive to both acids and bases which allows the polymer to break down by hydrolysis.